Scripture Reference Parser is a library to parse data, including book, chapter, verse, and index, from references from various scriptures.
- Parses variously formatted references (eg. jn "3.16", "John 3:16", "Jn 3:16-17, etc.") into code objects.
- Can be extended to work with any text which uses book/chapter/verse references.
- Scripture data is now loaded from an XML file (via. ScriptureInfo factory method)
- The Reference class now implements IEnumerable<Verse> to more accurately represent a scripture reference as a collection of verses.
- Verse class now implements IFormattable. Nifty.
- More complete parsing methods (Parse and TryParse) on Reference class.
- Parsing of references without any punctuation (eg. "jn 3 16" or "jn 3 16 17")
- IFormattable support for Reference class. I am open to suggestions on a spec for the format string.
Feel free to contact me about supporting this project with updates or code review: email@example.com